Thursday 13 March 2014

about cxxtools(1)

This days I spend some time taking a look at the cxxtools library. It is a library written in C++, and provides classes for serialization, unicode text, multi threading, networking, rpc, http client and server, xml, logging and many more. What I will do is trying to build and test this library. And If I port the codes to aarch64, do I need to modify some codes. My environment is Fedora linux and the CPU is X86_64.

The first step is downloading the source code.  the cmd is 
          fedpkg clone -a cxxtools

Waiting for finishing downloading, then go to the cxxtools directory, and 
          fedpkg prep

Next, go to the cxxtools-2.2.1 directory, and try to find the something about the asembly codes for the first look.(to see if it needs to be modified for porting to arrch64)

Under the src directory, I find many cpp file for atomicity functions, and they all codes in asembly language, I think maybe that is what I should focus on.

All the codes using asembly,

 Leave it for now. I want build it first on the x86_64 machine.

I red the README file and INSTALL file, and know that this library's author uses the automake and autoconfig for development. He provides configure file which can be used to config and build. Then I run ./configure and then make, and it start to build:

After 10 min(so long..), it is done. and now I have a built cxxtools on my x86_64 machine.

I will continue studying about it.

Hua

No comments:

Post a Comment